As a first time student at DanceSport, our Introductory Offers are the best way to start!
These offers are designed to give you a few new moves while fully acquainting you with the studio and all aspects of our teaching and programs. And there’s no partner necessary to enjoy this introduction! You get…
Complimentary Group Orientation Class
45-minute Private Lesson for $50
We highly recommend that all new students begin with our Introductory Offers so that if you decide to continue dancing, you’ll be better able to make a decision on the program that works best for you.
How it works….
1. Click here or give us a call or stop by to reserve your spot in the Group Orientation Class and to set up your Private Lesson. 212-307-1111
2. Attend your Group Class (either Orientation Class or 1st Class of the Current Month Group Class Cycle)
3. Take your Introductory 45-minute Private Lesson and meet with one of our Dance Advisors for your personal consultation.
Please note: All 3 parts must be completed within 7 days.
Group Class Rates
4 WEEK CYCLE
UNLIMITED ALL ACCESS $250
FOUR Courses $200
THREE Courses $180
TWO Courses $160
ONE Course $100
5 WEEK CYCLE
UNLIMITED ALL ACCESS $300
FOUR Courses $250
THREE Courses $225
TWO Courses $200
ONE Course $125
$15 Registration Fee Applied to:
- First-time students
- Students registering after 5pm, fourth Saturday of the cycle.
The Practice Party Card
The Practice Party Card gives you access to all Studio Practice Parties and the 8:30pm pre-party class.
- Free with purchase of Two or more Group Courses or with any Private Lesson Package.
Benefits to Two Group Classes or more include:
- Free Admission to Pre-Party Class each Thursday.
- Unlimited nightly practice parties.
- Attendance to Guest Night and Professional Showcase
- Discounted rates for special parties
1) All group classes are 45 minutes, and run on a 4-week cycle.
2) Frequent Dancer package: classes you expect to attend must be specified BEFORE cycle begins.
3) No freezes or carry-overs permitted.
4) Students may not enter a class more than 10 minutes late.
For special college student discounts, please call 212-307-1111
- DanceSport offers over 30 group classes per week in all styles of partner dancing and at all levels!
- Our 45-minute Group Classes give students a chance to learn new dance moves in an environment where you can practice your steps before hitting the dance floor.
- We work on a rotation basis which means it’s never necessary to have a partner to learn any of the dances because we frequently rotate partners during each class.
- Class sizes vary, but the average is 10-15 people.
- Each Course consists of four classes over a four-week period(five over five-week period.) Students register for a specific class that will be held the same time each week with the same instructor. You may join a Group Course during the first two weeks of classes only.
- Group classes are identified by levels as below (consult with our instructors if you are not sure – start at Beginner and don’t hesitate to return to earlier levels.)
- Group Classes must be completed during the current cycle and may not be carried over from one month to another. However, if any classes are missed during the cycle, you can register for make up classes that are available during the same cycle.
Group Class Levels
How levels work:
- Level I Beginner
- Level II Beginner/Intermediate
- Level III Intermediate
- Level IV Intermediate/Advanced
- Level V Advanced
In, the instructors teach using a specific syllabus of steps. You will see an , and in some styles a next to the level. Students need to be able to demonstrate the steps in , and where it applies, before moving to the next level.
For example: In Salsa/Mambo you would complete Level I (A), Level I (B) and Level I (C) before moving to Level II.
NOTE: You may take the classes in any order i.e. Level I (C) could be taken before Level I (A).
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS.
24 hours advance notice required for private lessons, or to reschedule. If notice is not within 24 hours, you will be charged for full amount.
A private lesson does not assure a private room. Rooms are rented for an additional fee.
Packages must be completed within the designated period of time.
Private lessons are 45 minutes in length.
Check out the Current Schedule for dates.
There is a $15 group class registration fee for new students and continuing students. This fee is waived if you register before the next cycle begins.
Frequent Dancer package: classes you expect to attend must be specified BEFORE cycle begins.
Current students receive a $20 program discount for referrals who become students.
Group classes must be completed during the monthly cycle. No carry-overs! Classes are 45 minutes in length.
No one will be admitted into a class after the first 10 minutes of class.
Students may not begin a class later than the second week of the cycle.
Members must obtain permission from instructors to advance to the next level of group classes.
Advance registration closes at 6 p.m. on the Saturday before a new cycle begins.
Same instructor cannot be guaranteed throughout the duration of package.
Private lessons must be paid in advance before they can be scheduled and are non-refundable.