1. Your complimentary group orientation class.
In your first hour with us, you will experience our informative Group Orientation class. This class is designed for students who are new to Dancesport.
- You will be introduced to the elements of partner dancing, the foundation necessary to easily learn a variety of Latin, Ballroom and popular dances.
- You’ll be taught the foundation steps to several dances and practice simple leading and following skills while changing partners.
- Your instructor will discuss the many ways to pursue your dancing goals. This class will give you a sampling of the benefits of our unique group class system.
2. Your private lesson ($35).
Your 30-minute, one-on-one introductory private lesson will give you the opportunity to meet your instructor and get started working right away on acheiving your dance goals!
- You choose the dance/s because the lesson will be tailored to suit your needs and interests.
- During your private lessons, you will experienceindividual, personalized attention learning technique, musicality, dance vocabulary and partnering skills which will give you the confidence to dance well in any situation.
- After your introductory lesson, your instructor will give guide you through the starter process and assist you in creating your schedule to begin the exciting journey of learning to dance.
3. Your personal consultation session.
A Dance Advisor will meet with you for the following:
- To discuss your instructor’s evaluation and suggestions with you before you make any decisions.
- To answer any questions you may have about different dances, music, classes and programs.
- You’ll be offered special program options and discounts for first-time students.
- DanceSport offers over 80 group classes per week in all styles of partner dancing and at all levels!
- Our 55-minute Group Classes give students a chance to learn new dance moves in an environment where you can practice your steps before hitting the dance floor.
- We work on a rotation basis which means it’s never necessary to have a partner to learn any of the dances because we frequently rotate partners during each class.
- Class sizes vary, but the average is 10-20 people.
- Each Course consists of four classes over a four-week period. Students register for a specific class that will be held the same time each week with the same instructor. You may join a Group Course during the first two weeks of classes only.
- Group classes are identified by levels I – II – III – IV/V. Beginner through Advanced. Students can refer to the Syllabus provided for each level to determine how long to practice at a given level before advancing (usually from 1-3 months for the “Level I” classes and then additional time for more advanced levels.)
- Group Classes must be completed during the four week cycle and may not be carried over from one month to another. However, if any classes are missed during the cycle, you can register for make up classes that are available during the same cycle.
For information regarding class rates click here.
Private lessons are important to refining your dancing skills.
Individual, personalized attention will be given to improve your:
– dance vocabulary
– and partnering skills
which will give you the confidence to dance well, in any situation.
You choose the dance(s) because the lessons will be tailored to suit your needs and interests. Our teachers are well-versed in a wide variety of dances. Our Dance Advisor will help match you with the best instructor for you.
DanceSport’s private lessons run 55 minutes in length.
Remember! If you need to change your lesson, you must call 24-hours in advance to avoid being charged.
This policy is very important because it gives us time to re-book the instructor.
For information regarding private lesson rates, select “Rates” from the above menu or click here.
Your first dance as newlyweds should be memorable, not nerve-racking. As you take your first steps to the music that will become your song, you will want to do so with poise, pride, and grace.
At DanceSport, our goal is to have our wedding couples enjoy every moment of their first dance, whether you are already competent on the ballroom floor, or if you have never taken a step to music, either as an individual or as a couple.
Our Wedding Dance Specialist will guide you through carefully planned private lessons, teach the Wedding Group Class where you join other engaged couples learning to dance, and participate in nightly practice sessions helping you make your shining moment feel effortless and natural.
DanceSport will assist you in making your first dance one that all of your guests will remember, and more importantly, a memory the two of you will cherish. The skills you learn will not only carry you through your wedding, but will keep you dancing for years to come.
Private Dance Instruction:
You will learn to dance beautifully in the style of your choice. Based on your package, your instructor will either create wedding dance choreography especially for you, or instruct you in the art of graceful improvisation with complimentary first access to your own private studio during your lesson.*
All packages include one beginners group class from our monthly cycle schedule.
Professional Music Consultation and Editing:
If you do not have a song in mind, DanceSport’s extensive music library will make choosing your song simple and enjoyable. Once you find the perfect song, we will consult with you regarding the tempo and length.
Once your dance is choreographed to music, our videographer will record your dance for you to use as a memento or to practice at home. This DVD is a great memento of your DanceSport experience, and one you will surely watch with fond memories.
*Based on availability at booking.
You will receive personalized attention and support in your journey towards dancing on your special day!
For more information and to schedule a consultation call now for Yana our Wedding Program Coordinator.
All packages include one
beginners group class from our monthly cycle schedule.
FREE INTRODUCTORY CLASS
FREE Group Orientation Class:
– Tuesdays 7:00-8:00pm Sign up
– Saturdays 1:00-2:00pm Sign up
Introductory 1/2 hour Private Lesson
-Only $35 (regularly $62.50)
-Must be taken prior to registration
Special discounts are available when you purchase
your first private package.
Drop in between 12pm-2pm Monday through Friday and do something different for lunch!
Come anytime during the party class, stay as long as you like, and get your blood circulating! Also, you can eat our hot, grilled paninis, handmade Argentine empanadas, or your favorite Italian salad.
Make the most of your lunch hour by dancing and socializing at the biggest dance studio in NYC.
Never taken a lesson? No worries! Our teachers are here to help! Learn also Tango, Swing & Hustle! Loads and loads of FUN in the middle of your workday in the middle of NYC!
We have a drop-in salsa lesson to get you on your feet and dancing like a pro!
Mondays – Fridays 12pm-2pm
Drop-in rate is $29 per day $100 per month unlimited
Join us for lunch and enjoy our NEW Paul’s Dancing Cafe Menu!
ð Holiday parties / retirement / promotion parties
ð Healthy social benefits including increased confidence!
ð Partner dance proven to increase heart health!
ð Be physical, intellectual, and creative all at once!
ð Headline Shows!
Arrange an activity where your team will interact and exercise
in an environment unconnected to the workplace!
Try the upbeat Swing or Salsa, try Tango — LET DANCESPORT TEACH YOU
the basics of all the popular dances and enjoy your colleagues socially!Get in on the hottest trend in team building in New York City—Come join the craze
and involve your group in PARTNER DANCE LESSONS! Build healthy working relationships at the office and you are guaranteed to increase productivity! Dancing is not about success or failure. It is about confronting your potential to embrace happiness through movement. Increased happiness at work is directly related to the environment you create and the relationships of everyone on your team. Developing people involves more than behavior, relationships, skills, knowledge and processes. It’s often more about helping people feel better about themselves! Increase confidence and security in your employees- overcome challenges and have a good laugh!
Call for more info!
Ask for Kriscia at 212-307-1111
DanceSport is a 15,000 square foot rental studio location in Midtown, 22 West 34th Street, just a ½ block from Macy’s and the Empire State Building between 5th and 6th Avenues. We are close to all forms of transit, buses, walking distance to LIRR, NJ transit and all major subways.
We have entrances on both 34th & 33rd Streets for easy private entrances for VIP/celebrity guests, large elevators for equipment movement and ample space for storage throughout the duration of your rental. This is a great, flexible space located centrally in Manhattan. With your choice of using the bar or cafe alongside offerings of dance classes, dance parties and cocktail parties, this is a truly versatile space that is beautifully designed.
*Free Secure Wi-Fi throughout the studio.
*Sprung dance wood flooring.
*State of the art sound system designed by the sound engineers of New York’s hottest clubs.
*Adjustable lighting system including decorative sparkling lights and disco ball.
*Portable velour banquettes set on the outskirts of the room.
*Unique glass wall enclosure on three sides providing an open view to the studio entrance, café, and windows.
*Main & side glass entranceways leading to and from café and bathroom facilities.
*Ideal for large events (total capacity 350 people).
*Sleek dark wood bar.
*Modern Bellini chairs and round wooden tables.
*Velour banquettes that line the windows in the cafe conveniently look out over classic New York.
*Industrially designed kitchen equipped with: espresso & coffee machine, dishwasher, microwave, oven, sinks, panini press, ice machine, refrigerators and freezers.
Dancing with the Stars
So You Think You Can Dance
New Kids on the Block
America’s Got Talent