- DanceSport offers group classes in all styles of partner dancing and at all levels!
- Our 45-minute Group Classes give students a chance to learn new dance moves in an environment where you can practice your steps before hitting the dance floor.
- We work on a rotation basis which means it’s never necessary to have a partner to learn any of the dances because we frequently rotate partners during each class.
- Class sizes vary, but the average is 10-20 people.
- Each Course consists of four or five classes over a four or five-week period. Students register for a specific class that will be held the same time each week with the same instructor. You may join a Group Course during the first two weeks of classes only.
- Group classes are identified by levels I – II – III – IV/V. Beginner through Advanced. Students can refer to the Syllabus provided for each level to determine how long to practice at a given level before advancing (usually from 1-3 months for the “Level I” classes and then additional time for more advanced levels.)
- Group Classes must be completed during the four(or five) week cycle and may not be carried over from one month to another. However, if any classes are missed during the cycle, you can register for make up classes that are available during the same cycle.
For information regarding class rates click here.
Private lessons are important to refining your dancing skills.
Individual, personalized attention will be given to improve your:
– dance vocabulary
– and partnering skills
which will give you the confidence to dance well, in any situation.
You choose the dance(s) because the lessons will be tailored to suit your needs and interests. Our teachers are well-versed in a wide variety of dances. Our Dance Advisor will help match you with the best instructor for you.
DanceSport’s private lessons run 45 minutes in length.
Remember! If you need to change your lesson, you must call 24-hours in advance to avoid being charged.
This policy is very important because it gives us time to re-book the instructor.
Private lesson rates start at $135/lesson for up to 2 people; we do have packages and special pricing for off hour rates – please call the studio at 212-307-1111
DanceSport is a 2,000 square foot studio location in Midtown, 230 W 39th Street, just a 1 block from Port Authority between 7th and 8th Avenues. We are close to all forms of transit, buses, walking distance to LIRR, NJ transit and all major subways.
We have entrance on 39th Street for easy private entrances for VIP/celebrity guests, large elevators for equipment movement and ample space for storage throughout the duration of your rental. This is a great, flexible space located centrally in Manhattan.
*Free Secure Wi-Fi throughout the studio.
*Sprung dance wood flooring.
*State of the art sound system designed by the sound engineers of New York’s hottest clubs.
*Adjustable lighting system including decorative sparkling lights and disco ball.
*Portable seating sets on the outskirts of the room.
*Ideal for large events
*Modern Bellini chairs and round wooden tables.
Dancing with the Stars
So You Think You Can Dance
New Kids on the Block
America’s Got Talent